|Job Information || |
- To ensure that all work is performed to contractual specifications including notifying Navy personnel of areas that can not be maintained appropriately because of debris, wet areas, or obstacles of any kind.
- To schedule grounds maintenance employees; focusing on controlling payroll costs and providing adequate coverage of contract operation for proper customer service and quality.
- To address customer’s complaints promptly and satisfactorily.
- To ensure that all equipment is maintained per manufacturer specifications.
- To ensure that all equipment is free of grass clippings, mud, etc. at the end of each day, and that daily maintenance procedures have been followed.
- To ensure that all equipment is covered properly if stored outside of the Mechanic shop.
- To ensure that employees are on duty during all work hours.
- To assist in orienting and training grounds maintenance workers.
- To supervise grounds maintenance workers and assign work sites and activities to meet contractual specifications.
- To recommend disciplinary actions for personnel, when necessary, to Project Manager.
- To motivate grounds maintenance employees to reach production guidelines.
- To assist in preparing personnel and payroll records in a timely manner.
- To complete accurately other paperwork required in the day-to-day operation of the contract such as mowing or cutting schedules and work completed reports for the Navy.
- Complete Employee Job Evaluations as required.
- Maintain inventory and request supplies or repairs of equipment as necessary.
- Maintain purchase order records, equipment maintenance records, and other records pertaining to the operations of the Grounds Maintenance contract.
- To act as a positive role model for employees and customers in all aspects of professional performance.
- To observe personnel policies and safety procedures.
- To ensure compliance by grounds maintenance employees.
- To ensure all proper protective issued is used properly including safety vests, safety goggles/glasses, ear plugs, steel toe shoes, and hard hat and dust mask if appropriate.
- To be completely knowledgeable of the contract requirements or statements of work so that appropriate direction may be given.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Louisiana driver’s license and Navy Air Field Driver’s License, and must be insurable by the Company’s automotive insurance carrier.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with Navy personnel and other Goodwill/Goodworks employees.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, other contract personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including weekends, and occasionally, long or extended hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Five years experience in the grounds maintenance field with two years of supervisory experience required. Must wear company issued uniforms and appropriate safety equipment.
Frequent physical exertion, exposure to inclement weather, equipment fumes,
Other work-related duties as assigned.