Over the course of the training program, the trainee will learn what it takes to manage an entire store. As a Manager Trainee, you’ll work closely with our Store Managers and District Managers on how to efficiently and effectively conduct store operations.
You’ll learn about maximizing sales, controlling expenses and providing excellent customer service. You’ll also learn how to lead, coach and develop store associates.
Retail Management Trainee will gain knowledge and experience required for promotion to management positions under direction of experienced personnel by performing the following duties
1. Receives training and performs duties as required by several departments such as Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Safety & security.
2. Learns line and staff functions, operations, management viewpoints and company policies and practices that affect each phase of business through hands on experience.
3. Sets performance goals and objectives with upper management.
4. Monitors performance progress with management and key trainers.
5. Observes experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
6. Receives training in functions and operations of related departments to facilitate subsequent transferability between departments and to provide greater promotional opportunities.
7. Manages facility through training as well as working in every facility’s operational areas inclusive of sales floor, front-end, merchandise flow community service, mission services, along with offices
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
2. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
3. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, store personnel while motivating them to their best performance.
4. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
5. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including nights and weekends, and occasionally, long hours.
6. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally.
7. Must be able to use repetitive hand movement when buttoning, sorting, hanging and zipping garments.
8. Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
9. Must have vision corrected to within normal limits.
10. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
11. Must have knowledge of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing as well as furniture and household items.
High School diploma or GED and one year supervisory experience. Two years of progressive responsibility in the service industry may be substituted for supervisory experience.. Must be able to successfully clear all background screening, including but not limited to: drug testing and criminal background checks. Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current registration and state inspection on personal vehicle. Must be willing to accept transfer to a Goodwill Store within a reasonable travel distance from training locations.
Frequent physical exertion, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials, frequent travel in local area, occasional travel in service area.
Other work-related duties as assigned.