To assist store managers in deriving a net profit from the sales of donated inventory. To be directly responsible for the operation of the retail store to which assigned. To promote customer service relations and the mission of Goodwill.
1. To act as a positive role model for employees, trainees and customers in all aspects of professional performance.
2. To supervise and motivate store employees to reach production guidelines, (minimum 125 garments per hour with a minimum quality standard of 80%), and to be capable of producing as well. To ensure proper rotation of store merchandise.
3. To prepare personnel and payroll records in a timely manner. To complete accurately other paperwork required in the day-to-day operation of the store.
4. To observe personnel and safety policies and procedures. To ensure compliance by store employees.
5. To control expense to revenue ratio monthly/annually.
6. To stock adequately. To create a positive public image of Goodwill through a clean store environment, attractive displays and presentable, personable personnel.
7. To monitor and assist in the receiving, pricing and displaying of store merchandise.
8. To record and balance cash register receipts, make bank deposits and record store transactions.
9. To keep the store clean and hazard free by vacuuming, mopping and dusting, (including cleaning the bathrooms.)
10. To use cash register to total sales, accept payment, authorize voids, returns, exchanges and credits for merchandise.
11. To orient new hires, using the appropriate manual, within the first week of employment. To document that training occurred.
12. To schedule store employees with focus on controlling payroll costs and adequate coverage of store operation to ensure customer service, quality and operational efficiency.
13. To recruit and train store personnel, including court-referred community service workers.
14. To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the shopping and back room areas.
15. To ensure the hourly floor check and monthly safety self-inspections are conducted.
16. To attend, as scheduled.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to achieve/exceed budgeted sales goals both monthly and annually and implement a contingency plan if goals are not met.
2. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
3. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
4. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, store personnel while motivating them to their best performance.
5. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including nights and weekends, and occasionally, long hours.
7. Must have access to transportation for personal use during work time. Must be able to pass MVR check and provide proof of a valid drivers license, liability insurance, vehicle registration and a current vehicle inspection sticker.
8. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 #’s frequently and 50 #’s occasionally.
9. Must be able to use repetitive hand movement when buttoning, sorting, hanging and zipping garments.
10. Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
11. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
12. Must have knowledge of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing as well as furniture and household items.
13. Must accept a transfer when the commute to the new location is within 20 miles of the original commute.
High School diploma or GED, two years supervisory experience or a minimum three years in the service industry. Must maintain minimum liability automobile insurance as required by the State of Louisiana and be insurable through the Company’s insurance carrier. Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current registration and state inspection on personal vehicle.
Frequent physical exertion, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials, frequent travel in local area, occasional travel in service area.
Other work-related duties as assigned.