To assist with the day-to-day store operation and sales performance to meet or exceed budget while in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. A key holder is primarily considered a Level II employee, however, performs the duties of a supervisor when assigned. Key holders may act in a supervisory capacity during scheduled work hours.
- To use cash register to total sales, accept payment, authorize voids, returns, exchanges and credits for merchandise.
- To ensure proper rotation of store merchandise.
- To act as a positive role model for employees and trainees in all aspects of professional performance.
- To stock adequately. To create a positive public image of Goodwill through a clean store environment, attractive displays and presentable, personable personnel.
- To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the shopping and back room areas.
- To keep the store clean and hazard free by vacuuming, mopping and dusting, (including cleaning the bathrooms.)
- To observe personnel and safety policies and procedures. To ensure compliance by store employees.
- To be able to perform the job duties of Level I and Level II employees.
- To attend, as scheduled.
Key holder Duties
- To ensure the hourly floor check and monthly safety self-inspections are conducted.
- To ensure all new hires are properly oriented, using the appropriate manual, within the first week of employment. To document that training occurred.
- To assist the store manager in controlling the expense to revenue ratio monthly and annually.
- To assist in training of sales associates and court-appointed community service workers, as assigned by the store manager.
- To assist in supervising, disciplining and recommending discharge of sales associates.
- To supervise and motivate store employees to reach production guidelines, (minimum 125 garments per hour with a minimum quality standard of 80%), and to be capable of producing as well.
- To monitor and assist in the receiving, pricing and displaying of store merchandise.
- To record and balance cash register receipts, make bank deposits and record store transactions.
- To assist in the preparation of personnel and payroll records in a timely manner. To complete accurately other paperwork required in the day-to-day operation of the store.
Skills and Abilities:
- To assist the store manager in achieving/exceeding sales goals both monthly and annually and to assist in implementing a contingency plan if goals are not being met.
Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, store personnel while motivating them to their best performance.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including nights and weekends, and occasionally, long hours..
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs frequently and 50 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to use repetitive hand movement when buttoning, sorting, hanging and zipping garments.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Must have vision corrected to within normal limits.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must have knowledge of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing as well as furniture and household items.
High School diploma or GED and one year supervisory experience or a minimum two years in the service industry.
Frequent physical exertion, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials, frequent travel in local area, occasional travel in service area.
Other work-related duties as assigned.