To represent Goodwill Industries at the worksite. To perform work to contract specifications. To maintain equipment and supplies at the contract site.
- To inspect equipment before beginning to operate, to include checking all fluid levels.
- To adjust blades according to cutting height, (2″).
- To start tractor and begin cutting operation in assigned area.
- To look out for debris in the tractor part and remove debris before cutting the affected area.
- To notify supervisor of any area which needs to be weeded by hand.
- To clean tractor according to directions and raise the blades for loading.
- To pay careful attention to cutting area to ensure the safe operation of equipment and that no damage is done to any object.
- May be assigned to grounds maintenance duties at grounds maintenance pay, when necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, contract personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including nights and weekends, and occasionally, long or extended hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects 50 pounds.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged sitting, standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching and climbing stairs.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Previous experience operating a grass-cutting tractor.