To enhance and support productivity of employees by administering an effective safety program to include development, implementation and management strategies that maintain profits and productivity. To conduct fire and disaster drills in accordance with Federal, State, and local regulations. Must ensure that all mandatory staff orientation and education as required by OSHA standards and Contract requirements. To ensure that quality of work meets all regulatory, federal, state and contract requirements.
1. To develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection, and analysis of risk-related information. To maintain OSHA Environmental Compliance records for each Federal contract site.
2. To develop, implement and maintain regulatory safety/quality control compliance policies, programs, and required training.
3. To train contract employees in work site safety practices:
o Fire safety/fire suppression
o Emergency preparedness
o Hazardous communication
o Slip and fall controls
o Electrical safety
o Materials handling/lifting
o Inspection techniques
o Blood-borne training/retraining
4. To -educate /train employees as to the risk management program, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the risk management program.
5. To lead, facilitate, and advise contract departments in designing and maintaining risk management programs within their own departments.
6. To collect, evaluate, and maintains risk related data. To investigate and analyze root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events. To help to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
7. To provide monthly reports as required for all contracts, on incidents, claims, and claim payments.
8. To maintain a complete, up-to-date record of all safety inspections, trainings, etc.
9. To promote safety awareness through the implementation of motivational programs.
10. To perform safety and hazard analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel. To assist in the coordination of accident, illness, and incident investigations within the contract division.
11. To audit all contract departments locations for compliance with safety issues and implement performance improvement plans.
12. To inspect facilities to detect existing or potential health and safety hazards. To determine corrective or preventative measures were indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented. To ensure equipment is properly maintained and inspected regularly.
13. To complete other work-related duties and assignments as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have 30 hours OSHA safety class
2. Must be CPR/First Aide Certified
3. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
4. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
5. Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, all personnel.
6. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
7. Must be able to work occasionally long or extended hour, including weekends.
8. Must have working knowledge of MS Office.
9. Must be able to tolerate extreme heat and temperature changes.
10. Must maintain the confidentiality of all information housed in the department.
11. Must be insurable through the Company’s automotive liability carrier.
12. Must be able to obtain and maintain credentials to access state government, federal military/government facilities.
13. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
14. Other duties as assigned as needed for contract compliance.
Must be able to manage multiple priorities. Must be able to see, hear, bend, stoop, crouch, climb, etc. to conduct thorough site inspections. Must be authorized to drive on Company business and have necessary documentation on file in the Human Resources department authorizing driving. Must be able to pass criminal background checks as required by each contract site.
A bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene, safety management, environmental science, basic or applied science or any other related field is required. Five years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: risk management, quality improvement/control, legal support or insurance claims investigation, and settlement or safety.