The Vice President of Marketing & Communications is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for the agency in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Outside the agency, the position coordinates, acts as official organization representative to general public and media as well as various public and private funders, and financial donors in conjunction with the President. The position is a senior member of the leadership team and reports to the President.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills. Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising is required and appraising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media. Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout. Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams. Must have strong oral and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Management experience in staff development, budgeting, research, and customer service is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing and/or communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit, education, government, business and/or industry, is required.
- At least three years of management experience is required as is experience in one or more of these areas: marketing, public relations, media relations, news and information, video production, photography and publications.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism, marketing, public relations, business administration or a related field is required. Masters Degree or MBA highly preferred. A professional certification in marketing or public relations a plus. Experience working with volunteers is desirable.