|Job Information || |
To perform the daily operations of the warehouse; including but not limited to salvage, recycling, and central processing of donations. To maintain the warehouse in a safe and clean manner.
General Warehouse Duties:
1. To assist in leading warehouse, recycling, and central donation processing operations.
2. To assist in the recycling of commodities such as books, metal, wire, plastics, electronics, toys, stuffed animals, cardboard, etc. for revenue generation.
3. To centrally process donated goods for store setup and replenishment.
4. To unload van trailers either manually or with a forklift, if certified.
5. To load all book, electronics/wares, and Dell Reconnect pickup trailers.
6. To operate the forklift to lift pallets and Gaylord boxes and to dump trash cans.
7. To inspect all fire extinguishers in the warehouse facility, as instructed.
8. To comply with company safety regulations by maintaining clear aisles.
9. To inspect, clean and lubricate forklift, as required and maintain records.
10. To operate forklift, in a safe manner, to store Pallets and gaylord boxes and load and unload trailers.
11. To assist in moving materials in the warehouse, as needed.
12. To interpret and uphold employer policies and enforce safety regulations.
Central Donation Processing
1. To inspect and sort textiles, shoes, purses and wares donations.
2. To hang sorted textile donations and prepare for shipment to stores as instructed.
3. To store prepared salvage books, electronics, and computers until sold.
1. To coordinate warehouse workers’ job assignments and ensure that daily goals are met.
2. To maintain the dock areas in a clean, organized, hazard-free condition.
3. To ensure salable items are sorted from trash and to place salable items in the proper area to prevent breakage, damage and theft.
4. To prepare items for transport to the buyers in a safe and secure manner.
5. To follow the salvage sales procedure, sell salvage to dealers and dispose of unwanted salvage appropriately.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
2. Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
3. Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
4. Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including days, nights and weekends.
5. Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 #=s frequently and 100 #=s occasionally.
6. Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
7. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
Ability to operate and/or certified to operate a forklift.
Extreme physical exertion, exposure to temperature extremes, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials.