|Job Information || |
Key functions of this position are the development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results.
- Performs bank reconciliations of all Goodwill/Goodworks bank accounts.
- Monitors and Maintains GPS System for Goodwill/Goodworks.
- Coordinate the collection of overdue balances and works with department heads and funding sources to investigate discrepancies and correct errors.
- Maintain Fixed Assets for the organization
- Ensure that VISA/MasterCard accounts are reconciled to the General Ledger.
- Conducts regular Inventory/Fixed Assets Audits
- Reconcile cash deposits daily through various banks’ computer systems.
- Prepare and record payroll journal entry and all necessary payroll related entries.
- Assist in the budget process (preparing and data entry)
- Assist with the preparation with the yearly audit
- Responsible for reporting Unclaimed property to Louisiana on expired payroll checks.
- Maintains Prepaid Insurance schedule and entries, Security deposit schedule, and various month end accruals such but not limited to Vacation, Occupancy, PTO sellback, etc.
- Monitors and Maintains business cell phone account.
- Handle special project as requested by management
- Cross train to be back up to Financial Reporting Manager if needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, all personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work occasionally long or extended hour, including weekends.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- General knowledge of accounting software; SAGE 100 preferred
- Working Knowledge of GAAP and accounting software
- Must be able to operate a 10key by touch.
- Computer experience required.
- Must have three or more years working in the accounting field and one year of supervisory experience required
- Must be able to clear DMV check, possess valid driver’s license and maintain current vehicle registration, liability insurance and vehicle inspection.