|Job Information || |
Primary specialist of extremely confidential employment related records including employee files, information contained within the HRIS system and other documents. Prepare, maintain and file necessary information, paperwork and documentation for the department in an organized and timely manner. Perform assigned clerical duties for the Human Resources Department.
- Collects, organizes and maintains a variety of highly confidential employment related records, I-9 forms, files, reports, training records and other documentation related to the HR function
- Assures proper storage, organization and retrieval of information of HR records
- Maintains employment records as indicated by the Retention Policy and schedule
- Works with HR staff and hiring managers to insure prompt and accurate flow of employee documentation.
- Compiles, distributes, collects and enters I-9 re-verification requests, employment contracts, missing documentation and other documents as assigned
- Coordinates the request for queries from the HRIS system as directed
- Responds to inquiries for employment verification
- Serves as a resource for staff and hiring managers on all issues associated with employee files, HRIS records and other confidential documents.
- Conducts basic research and compiles information as requested.
- Provides coverage for the reception desk as scheduled and requested.
- Maintains and orders office supplies for the HR Department
- Review and approve/deny Community Service Volunteer Program request. Maintain Community Service Volunteer Program documents.
- Other work-related duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer and data entry skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Pro-active customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team with individuals of diverse background
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast -paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with absolute discretion
- Must be able to work overtime on an occasional basis
- Associate’s degree preferred. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 6 months to 1 year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent education and experience
- Must be able to tolerate frequent periods of high stress, heavy workload and multiple priorities
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs max with frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 10 lbs