|Job Information || |
- Performs assigned functions in the Human Resources department in an organized and timely manner. Process all data sheets and changes of status for all employees. Ensures that all paperwork is processed and a copy forwarded to Payroll by the established deadline.
- Maintains the Human Resources information system in current fashion.
- To process requests for information from unemployment insurance within established deadlines.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the Cobra Administrator for company. Also conduct all criminal background checks
- Conducts new employee Baton Rouge area orientations, ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can inform benefit decisions. This includes all levels of employees including executives.
- Manages annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with, communicating changes to employees and arranges for on-site representation by providers, Conducts employee presentations. Processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by, regularly generating communication and counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans, Refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed. Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives. Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for select positions at headquarters, Maintains records related to same.
- Assists with preparation of annual affirmative action plan, EEO1 Plan and other required reports.
- Conducts exit interviews in absence of supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, all personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work occasionally long or extended hour, including weekends.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all information housed in the department.
- Must be able to clear DMV check, possess a valid operator’s license and maintain current vehicle registration, liability insurance and vehicle inspection.
- Must provide own transportation.
B.S. /B.A. in Management or related field preferred. Must have three years Human Resources experience in several areas of responsibility. Must be P.C. literate, (Word & Excel), prior experience with a HRIS system required.