|Job Information || |
The Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for the full lifecycle recruitment process for hourly retail employees in the Baton Rouge area; review applications, source, screen, and assist candidates through the application, interview, offer, pre-employment and onboarding process, develop effective relationships with hiring managers, external recruiters and with community referring organizations to facilitate robust and efficient recruiting and placement results.
- To maintain an accurate file of all job openings posted by retail operations. To disseminate job openings to all work sites, Job Service and outside agencies.
- Post open positions through the applicant tracking system ensuring postings are updated and current.
- Supervise drug/background logs by ensuring information is updated and forwarded to appropriate store manager in a timely manner.
- Generate a flow of resumes and strong pipeline of qualified candidates for critical and repeat positions to quickly meet agency retail operations staffing needs in the Baton Rouge area. Generate leads via networking, career job board, websites, referrals, job fairs, and publications/flyers.
- Partnering with store managers to determine staffing needs in the Baton Rouge area.
- Screens and sends qualified applicants to store managers.
- Completes face to face and phone screening interviews, identifying top candidates to interview in person; completes reference checks; assists with pre-employment background checks and on-boarding activities.
- Coordinating interviews with the store managers
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Ensure proper scheduling, planning and participation in internal and external career events, community job fairs and other events to support Goodwill’s hiring efforts.
- To conduct new hire orientation and complete onboarding activities for retail operations Baton Rouge area stores.
- Advertise job openings on company’s careers page, social media, job boards and internally.
- Provide shortlists of qualified candidates to store managers in the Baton Rouge area.
- Send job offer emails and answer queries about compensation and benefits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with, and among, all personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work occasionally long or extended hour, including weekends.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must maintain the confidentiality of all information housed in the department.
- Must be able to clear DMV check, possess a valid operator license and maintain current vehicle registration, liability insurance and vehicle inspection.
- Must provide own transportation.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study and 3-5 years Human Resources experience. Proven work experience as an HR Recruiter or similar role. Familiarity with applicant tracking systems and resume databases. Must be P.C. literate, Word & Excel, outlook, and recruitment software of study.