|Job Information || |
To enhance and support productivity of employees by administering an effective training and safety programs to include development, implementation and management strategies that maintain profits and productivity. Ensure fire and disaster drills are conducted in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations. Responsible for mandatory staff orientation and education to meet OSHA requirements. To develop and implement core training programs to target areas such as, Communication Skills, Sexual Harassment, Diversity, Employee Relation Skills as well identify individual training needs of supervisory staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the development and administers various human resources compliance and procedures for all company personnel.
- Manages Employee Relations activities and supports all department management teams in consistent application of Goodwill policies. Manages all soft skills training throughout the company, this includes all internal stand and deliver training as well as coordinating outside training activities.
- Plans, organizes and controls all safety activities of the department. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Implements and annually updates direct reports job descriptions as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains organizational charts.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- To develop and implement the organization’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the
- To develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk-related information. To maintain facilities’ OSHA records.
- To educate/train staff and employees as to the risk management program, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the risk management program.
- To serve as Vice-Chair of the Safety Committee. To lead, facilitate, and advise departments in designing risk management programs within their own departments.
- To collect, evaluate, and maintains data concerning injury claims, worker’s compensation, and other risk-related data. To investigate and analyze root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events. To help to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate.
- To serve as the organization’s liaison to the organization’s insurance carriers.
- To assist in processing summonses and claims against the facility by working with legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of risk claims against the organization.
- To provides a monthly summary on incidents, claims, and claim payments.
- To maintain a complete, up-to-date record of all safety inspections, trainings, etc.
- To promote safety awareness through the implementation of motivational and incentive programs.
- To perform safety and hazard analysis of industrial accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel. To coordinate accident, illness, and incident investigations. To coordinate the preparation of material and evidence for organization’s use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- To audit all departments and facilities locations for compliance with safety issues and implement performance improvement plans.
- To inspect facilities to detect existing or potential health and safety hazards. To determine corrective or preventative measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented. To ensure equipment is properly maintained and inspected regularly.
- To coordinate general liability and Workers’ Compensation program, including working with operational departments to establish a modified duty program to reduce employee lost time.
- To coordinate worker’s comp and automobile insurance claims.
- To complete other work-related duties and assignments as assigned.
- To respond to questionnaires and reports as required by EEOC, OFCCP, Affirmative Action, OSHA, NISH and GII.
- To meet all Human Resources and Safety requirements for State Licensing and GII.
- BS/BA in Management or Human Resources or related field and five years’ experience required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to clear DMV check.
- Must possess a valid operator’s license and maintain current vehicle registration, liability insurance and vehicle inspection.
- Must provide own transportation.
A minimum of ten years’ experience in one or more of the following fields: risk management, quality improvement, training, human resources, business administration, legal support or insurance claims investigation, and settlement or safety. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.