|Job Information || |
To perform the daily operations of the New Goods warehouse; including but not limited to: receiving orders, verifying pallet/case count of orders, sorting orders into bins, etc. To maintain the warehouse in a safe and clean manner and perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the New Goods Manager.
General Warehouse Duties:
- To unload van trailers either manually or with a forklift, if certified.
- To operate forklift, in a safe manner, to move pallets and load/unload trucks.
- To comply with company safety regulations by maintaining clear aisles.
- To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the warehouse. To keep the New Goods warehouse organized, clean, and hazard free.
- To sort New Goods orders into carts/bins once received.
- To assist in moving materials in the warehouse, as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Prior work experience in service industry preferred by not required.
- Certified to operate a forklift preferred.