|Job Information || |
To assist the New Goods Manager in the overall operation of the New Goods department, including the purchasing, presentation, and sales performance analysis of new goods merchandise. To assist in performing the daily operations of the New Goods warehouse; including but not limited to: receiving orders, verifying pallet/case count of orders, sorting orders into bins, etc. while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and clean manner.
- Access Counterpoint (Point of Sale system) to perform transfers, receivings, and other inventory related duties.
- Overseeing flow of inventory for all locations utilizing the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Supports visual presentation of merchandise, including but not limited to:
- Working with the retail director, district managers, and store managers in maintaining presentation and space allocation standards.
- Establishing seasonal set dates throughout all locations to assure consistency whenever possible.
- Reviewing distribution plans with the retail director and district managers to promote consistent displays in the stores.
- Coordinating pricing and signage for new goods at all locations to maintain consistency and to provide customers with a positive in-store experience.
- Communicating changes and updates in new goods merchandise presentation to stores.
General Warehouse Duties:
- To supervise Warehouse Workers in daily warehouse operations.
- To unload van trailers either manually or with a forklift, if certified.
- To operate forklift, in a safe manner, to move pallets and load/unload trucks.
- To comply with company safety regulations by maintaining clear aisles.
- To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the warehouse. To keep the New Goods warehouse organized, clean, and hazard free.
- To sort New Goods orders into carts/bins once received.
- To assist in moving materials in the warehouse, as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must have access to transportation for personal use during work time.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Associates degree in a related field highly preferred or a combination of experience may be substituted.
- Minimum of two years merchandising experience including planogram design, seasonal conversions, and merchandising plans.
- Two years supervisory and/or purchasing experience required.
- Must maintain minimum liability automobile insurance as required by the State of Louisiana and be insurable through the Company’s insurance carrier.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain current registration and state vehicle inspection.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Excel & Word.
- Certified to operate a forklift preferred.