|Job Information || |
- Provide individual and group counseling and crisis intervention services to students.
- Provide consultation/intake and accommodations for students’ eligibility for disability services and assess campus services; maintain records (as needed).
- Maintain records and case notes in keeping with legal, ethical and professional standards of care.
- Identify and maintain an active caseload of students who may be at-risk and in need of social and other supportive services.
- Develop plans of action to help students overcome barriers to success.
- Promote and manage diversity awareness and competency.
- Provide outreach and referral services to students, faculty, and staff as appropriate.
- Build relationships and actively partner with a network of internal and external community agencies and resources.
- Refer people accurately and effectively based on identified and assessed needs.
- Work with internal and external individuals, groups and organizations to develop programs or systems of care that support and enhance the health, social and emotional wellbeing, and safety of students.
- Assist faculty and staff with student engagement activities that support student success.
- Attend new student orientation to establish and build relationships with students, faculty, and staff.
- Serve on college advisory committees as requested
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical/Mental Demands: Must be able to tolerate frequent periods of high stress, heavy workload, and multiple priorities. Must be able to see, hear, speak and otherwise communicate effectively.
Salary: Based on experience
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work from an accredited graduate program.
Years of Experience: Minimum of 1 year of direct counseling or clinical experience, working in a counseling center, clinic, hospital, college or university.
Background Check – An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
EEO Statement: Goodwill Technical College is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.