|Job Information || |
The warehouse associate performs daily operations in the warehouse to include material handling and movement, salvage and recycle sorting, textile baling, truck loading/unloading, donation sorting and processing, cleaning, and other duties.
- To load and unload donated and purchased goods to and from trucks.
- To move containers of donated and purchased goods throughout the warehouse.
- To bale salvage textile clothing utilizing a vertical or horizontal baling machine.
- To assist in unloading bales from a vertical or horizontal baling machine.
- To sort donated goods from one container to another based on type of material.
- To sort and process donated textiles and other goods for sale in retail stores.
- To utilize warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks, rolling bins, and dollies.
- To utilize a forklift, only if so certified, to move materials and load/unload trucks.
- To assist with cleaning the warehouse common areas such as restrooms, breakroom, warehouse floor, and work spaces.
- To interpret and abide by employer policies and safety regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours on short notice, including nights and weekends, and occasionally long hours.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Must be able to lift up to 25#’s frequently and up to 50#’s occasionally.
- Must be able to push/pull containers weighing over 100#’s occasionally.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged standing and walking and in frequent bending, stooping and stretching.
- Must exhibit proficiency in the use and operation of warehouse equipment to include pallet jacks, tippers, balers, and material handling containers.
- Must be able to function in a work environment with high stress.
- Prefer prior warehouse, retail, logistics, or material handling experience.
- Prefer forklift experience or certification.
Frequent physical exertion, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials. Unconditioned warehouse environment with forklift traffic, truck traffic, high noise level, and moving containers.