|Job Information || |
To perform the daily operations of the warehouse; including but not limited to salvage, bailing, shoes, returns, etc. To maintain the warehouse in a safe and clean manner.
General Warehouse Duties:
- To unload van trailers either manually or with a forklift, if certified.
- To load all shoe and bale trailers.
- To operate the forklift to lift baskets and bales and to dump trash cans.
- To inspect all fire extinguishers in the main facility, as instructed.
- To comply with company safety regulations by maintaining clear aisles.
- To maintain safe and appropriate conditions in the warehouse. To keep the warehouse clean and hazard free.
- To store all wire and metal safely until there is a full load of scrap metal.
- To bale salvage following company procedure.
- To clean and lubricate baler and forklift, as required.
- To operate forklift, in a safe manner, to store bales and load and unload vans.
- To assist in moving materials in the warehouse, as needed.
Shoes, Belts and Purses
- To inspect and pair returned shoes, ensuring that they are matched properly. (No boots or high heels over 12 inches.)
- To bale salvage shoes, belts and purses for distribution outside Goodwill.
- To store baled salvage until sold.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
- Must be able to engage in prolonged standing, walking and in frequent bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule on short notice, including days, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to lift and carry objects up to 50 #=s frequently and 100 #=s occasionally.
- Must be able to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
Ability to operate baler and/or certified to operate a forklift.
Extreme physical exertion, exposure to temperature extremes, exposure to unfit donated goods and materials.