Each April, the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of Justice Programs (OJP) celebrates Second Chance Month, recognizing the importance of helping individuals, communities and agencies across the country appreciate their role in supporting the safe and successful re-entry of millions of men and women returning from incarceration annually.

Many of these individuals returning from incarceration have needs that, if left unaddressed, can negatively impact their ability to live productive and crime-free lives. One of these immediate needs is employment.

Luckily, Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Louisiana is in the business of second chances AND putting people to work! This April, we will be hosting the below job and resource fairs to help returning citizens in our area.

Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
4000 Gus Young Ave.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM

Tuesday, April 18, 2023
Goodwill Opportunity Center
3400 Tulane Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70119
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Houma Municipal Auditorium
880 Verret St.
Houma, LA 70360
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Thursday, April 27, 2023
Warren J. Harang, Jr. Municipal Auditorium
310 N. Canal Blvd.
Thibodaux, LA 70301
10:00 AM – 3:00 PM

*DOJ Grip is funded 90% by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, through a Second Chance Act Community-Based Re-Entry Program grant in the amount of $749,994 and 10% by Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Louisiana through leveraged resources in the amount of $75,000. The total project funding is $824,994.

Click here to learn more about Second Chance Month.